permaculture - Re: [permaculture] SSE again

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] SSE again
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:37:00 -0500

The middle ground here is that we should all do what we can to conserve and
even breed seeds locally, but as Marshall suggests we don't want to loose the
thousands of years of seed?breeding by farmers all over the world.
Organizations like SSE are irreplacable in the near future.? If somebody has
the time and resources to duplicate elsewhere what they have acheived that
would be a good thing, but an extremely hard thing.? So work to get the bad
guys kicked out and restore the good guys.

And if you ever start a non-profit learn from this. Never, never let
outsiders in you don't know and give them the chance to steal and subvert the
organization.