permaculture - Re: [permaculture] changes at seed saver's exchange

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jennifer Nazak <jnazak@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] changes at seed saver's exchange
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:19:33 -0800 (PST)

This situation appears to be deplorable indeed. That
said ...

Remember the PERMACULTURE approach to solving
problems? Don't waste too much energy talking about
what's wrong. Instead, "Find the solution in the
problem."

Problem: An extremely precious resource is in jeopardy
because a few humans acted on their baser instincts.

SOLUTION: Start our own Seed Savers' Exchange! And not
just in one central place, but EVERYWHERE. Start one
in your community; your neighborhood; your state; your
country. Swap seeds and info with other such
organizations. Build robustness through
decentralization and redundancy. Yeah, it's a big
task, but it needs to be done, who else can we rely
on?

cheers, and Permaculture Phorever!

jenny

*******