permaculture - Re: [permaculture] politics and permies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] politics and permies
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 00:38:25 +1100

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, healinghawk wrote:
> No one listened.  In Australia, we see where this goes.  A free market
> government has been thrown out and an ecologically conscious government has
> taken over.

Every few days I'm delighted to read about some bizarre US
political candidate who's just worked out how to twig a few buttons
of the various loonies in the left and right wings of US politics
on this, an international permaculture mailing list.

I'm particularly delighted to hear that you've summed up what
was an otherwise truly complicated political compromise by
pretty much everyone involved with the assertions that we here
in Australia no longer have a free market (if indeed we had one
a few weeks ago), and that we now have an ecologically conscious
<sic> government - WTF that may mean. Less sanguine observers
may interpret the outcome as something entirely different.

Jedd.