permaculture - Re: [permaculture] politics and permies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Bob Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] politics and permies
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:02:31 -0700

I haven't been paying much attention to the 2008 elections, but even so I am startled to hear that an "ecologically conscious" government is likely to be elected in the US in 2008. I thought it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that either a Democrat or a Republican would be elected president, and either the Democratic or Republican parties would control Congress. Has something new happened that I haven't heard about?

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City

----- Original Message ----- From: "healinghawk" <healinghawk@earthlink.net>
No one listened. In Australia, we see where this goes. A free market
government has been thrown out and an ecologically conscious government has
taken over. The US is poised to do the same thing in 2008, if the 2008
election is, unlike the last two, nearly fair. Permaculture is, in the
final analysis (I think), a way for humans to learn how to leave the cycle
of death and join the cycle of life. Politics is how, after critical mass
exists, that wisdom is lived out in reality.

Tommy Tolson
Austin, TX