permaculture - [permaculture] Permie politics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permie politics
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 06:32:06 -0800 (PST)

I feel this has revealed a conflict needing attention. I certainly didn't
hear Stella referencing Scott in any way. There is a saying that "the
hysterical is the historical". Something within the Permaculture movement's
history has sparked this interpretation by Scott. I think it would be worth
exploring.

I stepped into it before when I brought up the Tagari teacher certification.
Granted, the "Permaculture Institute" of Australia has it's issues. However,
there is something else going on that I don't fully understand. I see the
same tendency to form clicks within my own local region.

What brings us together and what pushes us apart? Where are our edges? What
is the history playing into our hysteria?

-Sean.

with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.