permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Pc Wiki

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Pc Wiki
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:03:55 -0400

Keith Johnson wrote:

I tried:
[[http://www.ARCulture.org/Association_for_Regenerative_Culture]]
[[category:ONLINE]]

http://www.ARCulture.org/Association_for_Regenerative_Culture
[[category:ONLINE]]

don't put brackets around URL's

be sure to add: [[category:ONLINE]]
it automatically indexes your entry alphabetically
so [[category:A]] is not necessary and would not do it anyway

to create a new category, in your own page or eleswhere add:

Ex. Farming
[[:category:FARMING]]

And it will create it as a new category and add your page to it

In this case:

Category:FARMING
From PIW
Jump to: navigation, search

Venaura Farm

http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com/

Articles in category "FARMING"

There is one article in this category.

* PermaSphere

><><

Venaura Farm does not have a wikipage so is not categorized as an "article", only as a piece of info in the category FARMING but Permasphere does so it is indexed alphabetically as an article under FARMING and ONLINE

add as many Categories as you need to any of your pages and if they are new
ones then edit and save them w/wo content
Besure to add all new categories in the Jump table in the wiki homepage.

This is definitely one of the easiest Wikis to use I have found. The learning
curve is not difficult and is fun as you
are rewarded frequently for your efforts with nicely edited pages that link
coherently to the rest of the wiki.

So, the jump table seems to be the main index or top level table of contents. Maybe this should be more organized and alphabetized. I'll try making it a category called TOC or Index which will do this automatically but you'll have to be sure to add all new categories to this list.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj@intrex.net