permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 2030

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 2030
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

FWIW, I did not interpret "...Permaculture ought to..., instead of ..." as
stating what has been advocated, but rather recommending that we avoid
something (what he feels we should be doing, set apart from what he feels we
shouldn't). I suspect everyone agrees with everyone else, but disagrees on
how it ought to be expressed. How did the Tao Te Ching begin?

-Sean.
Robert Waldrop <bwaldrop@cox.net> wrote: ----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr."

Tommy originally wrote:
>That,in my opinion, is what Permaculture ought to
>be
>>>doing, instead of
>>>sinking all of our energies into growing food
>>>for ourselves.

My comment was a reflection on what looked to me
like an inaccurate judgment on the permaculture
movement. The permaculture movement does not
advocate "sinking all of our energies into growing
food for ourselves". I have been reading this
discussion for a while, and I haven't noticed
anyone advocating that here either. So I don't
know where he got this idea.

> As far as what other permaculturists are "doing
> in the world" and
> "building community" includes a great deal of
> balancing human
> interactions within the natural order. Do you
> have a problem with the term "natural order"?

No.

Robert Waldrop, OKC