permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 2030

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 2030
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:19:15 -0400

Robert Waldrop wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tommy Tolson" <healinghawk@earthlink.net>

It's about balancing human interactions within the natural order. That,
in my opinion, is what Permaculture ought to be doing, instead of
sinking all of our energies into growing food for ourselves.

I think that it is highly unlikely that you are aware of everything that permaculturists are doing in the world, so this statement seems more like "I am More Green Than Thou" rhetoric" than rational, informed discussion. It is personally satisfying, no doubt, but does nothing to build community.

Bob Waldrop, OKC

Could you expand on what you are trying to say here Robert?
I think it needs clarifying. I don't read into what Tommy wrote
anything to do with either "more green than thou" or "personally satisfying".

As far as what other permaculturists are "doing in the world" and
"building community" includes a great deal of balancing human
interactions within the natural order. Do you have a problem with the term
"natural order"?

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm