permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 2030

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 2030
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:07:34 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
Could you expand on what you are trying to say here Robert?
I think it needs clarifying. I don't read into what Tommy wrote
anything to do with either "more green than thou" or "personally satisfying".

Tommy originally wrote:
That,in my opinion, is what Permaculture ought to be
doing, instead of
sinking all of our energies into growing food
for ourselves.

My comment was a reflection on what looked to me like an inaccurate judgment on the permaculture movement. The permaculture movement does not advocate "sinking all of our energies into growing food for ourselves". I have been reading this discussion for a while, and I haven't noticed anyone advocating that here either. So I don't know where he got this idea.

As far as what other permaculturists are "doing in the world" and
"building community" includes a great deal of balancing human
interactions within the natural order. Do you have a problem with the term "natural order"?

No.

Robert Waldrop, OKC