permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 2030

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tommy Tolson <healinghawk@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 2030
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:43:45 -0500

Robert Waldrop wrote:

I think that it is highly unlikely that you are aware of everything that permaculturists are doing in the world, so this statement seems more like "I am More Green Than Thou" rhetoric" than rational, informed discussion. It is personally satisfying, no doubt, but does nothing to build community.

Thanks for your response. I'm running a race with ignorance and death, not with you or anyone else on this list. I know what I know and it's just one very small part of the collective knowledge.
I'm responding to posts on this list that say, outright or not, that politics is off-topic on-list, rather than to the sum total of all the work permaculturalists do in the world. This seems to me a gardening list.
I don't find "Greener than thou" in any way satisfying. I read about your class in starting a food co-op too late to attend but think that's the sort of thing that needs to be done on a large scale now to have the infrastructure in place when the oil spigot turns off and industrial agriculture collapses. When are you doing it again? Earth, and probably nature, will survive humans, but extinction is so needless, if we apply Permaculture principles to liberate ourselves and the remains of planetary life from the dark forces of dominion.

Smiles.
Tommy Tolson
Austin, TX