permaculture - [permaculture] land for sale in sustainabilty orieneted community

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marjory" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] land for sale in sustainabilty orieneted community
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:05:37 -0500

Several reasonably priced homes with land are available in Red Rock, TX.
Red Rock is a small rural community about 45 miles SE of Austin with a
growing number of locals homesteading and exploring sustainable living.
It's a funky, diverse community with lots of creative events oriented
towards the 'alternative'. Events sponsored by neighbors include pot
lucks, workshops, wild plant walks, permaculture classes, herbal medicine,
yoga, dancing, equinox and solstice gatherings, trading and bartering.
Numerous families are home schooling or unschooling. We hope to implement
an alternative currency soon and the Red Rock coffee shop is in the plans.

It is still small, but if you are looking for a few acres and creating a
life off-grid in a fun community, than you need to jump on this right away
as land is selling quickly these days. We are hoping to attract some more
people who are serious about creating self-reliance and exploring life
outside of the consumer culture. And of course, our kids are hoping to get
more kids in the neighborhood!

You can contact any Realtor for these listings, or use our local realtor
Alan Kugler, at
joallakug@hotmail.com
Mobile Phone: (512) 581-2631

If you are coming out, call me at 830 839 4077 for more info on the local
scene.

Cheers,

Marjory

243 Carissa Ln
Red Rock 78662
$110,000

3 bed / 2 bath 989 sq.ft. home on 4.22 acres. Walk down the street to Beth
& Allens place for gardening classes and other fun events.

117 Mandy Ln
Red Rock 78662
$79,999

2 bed / 1 Bath 450 sq.ft. home on 8.08 acres. In the Red Rock acres area
and walking distance to Beth and Allen's place.