permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Bermuda grass, options, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Bermuda grass, options, etc.
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:34:11 -0700 (PDT)

Don,

Would I have to eat the chain saw for it to get into the food chain?

Dieter Brand
Portugal

Don Titmus <ujgs2@4dirs.com> wrote:
One was left out.
I will not recommend this strategy but It needs to be considered. Why
because it has less impact than some of the others, and of your current use
of the computer you are now using and conviently overlook

to solarise you must first loosen the soil.
plastic sheeting kills all organisms 6 - 8 in deep
Over crops dont work (unlees you do so for years)
chickens dont till deep enough
weed block fabric is easily pierced

all are labour intensive

Bill talks about the appropriate use of technology. some chemicals are toxic
and residul others not...depends on the "Half" life. Folks use pyrethems and
Kill aphids, natural yes toxic to some animals YES. So the delemer is what
has least impact for the most effectiveness.

so now to the "G" word...gylphosphate salts, You cannot get emotionally
locked up to not use a good tool because it has been abused by idiots. I
say "Lets ban the chain saw" we have global deforestation therefore its the
chainsaw that need banning!!! Stupid !!!

Use the right tool the correct way and have "Least effect for the greatest
yeild".

So use Glyphosphate and follow with Compost Tea and Accumilators, hot
compost the material and your field is clear in one season, all chems are
gone and can be followed by a crop

(Compost Tea and Accumilators = bio-remediation turned around as part of a
strategy)

So go ahead ban you chain saw, your computor, your car, your tractor, your
TV, your PVC piping, your rockdust, your eye surgery, your.....

don (one foot on the edge, and the other in the middle)