permaculture - [permaculture] Ron Paul

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Eugene Monaco" <efmonaco@comcast.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ron Paul
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:16:26 -0400

I kind of agree with Graham but the fact is that the next President of the
US will have a huge relevance on us all, so I doubt that we can squelch the
discussion completely; maybe we can keep it to a minimum though.
The thing about people who are all for individual's rights as long as they
supposedly don't infringe on others, is that this is somewhat of an
absurdity. Think of a bee hive. There is no "I" in TEAM. We are all
connected and interconnected in more ways than most people realize. I think
that's the great lesson facing humanity in general, if we want to not
destroy ourselves, we'd better start working for the common good, which not
only includes the non-humans but future generations (which would include the
unborn, no?)
My experience is that as soon as someone starts talking about individual
rights, they invariably miss the bigger picture, and it can easily be a
self-centeredness in disguise (although their camo could use some work.)

Gene Monaco
Knoxville, TN