permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tommy Tolson <healinghawk@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:28:46 -0500

I appreciate Ken's thoughtful reply and I have decided to forego picking apart its logical inconsistencies on-list. Permaculture is, at bottom, a conceptual tool with which to harness systems theory in creating sustainable human lifestyles which respect the ecosystem(s) supporting those lifestyles.
Libertarian theory proposes maximum personal freedom as long as no other person is harmed.
Ron Paul feeds the cancer epidemic in Texas by taking campaign contributions from corporate persons (polluters) and turning a blind eye to the harms to natural persons committed by his contributors.
Profiting from the deaths of natural persons represents to me moral retardation, constitutes a profound repudiation of stated Libertarian theory, and demonstrates systems theory illiteracy.
Ron Paul champions the freedom of corporate persons to harm natural persons.
I believe in the sanctity of life *after* birth, thus I respect Ken's right to make mistakes until they harm others.
Backing Ron Paul is as profound a mistake as a person who loves life could make because, after corporate rule sets in, Ron Paul as President will make Dubya look saintly.
Imagine your local police department being replaced by Blackwater, Inc. commandos answerable to no one, taking orders from a multimillionaire Christian fundamentalist ex-SEAL.
In the Republican Party, Ron Paul is a megawingnut among wingnuts, as even the most virulent of its corporatists would not unleash corporations like Ron Paul will, if elected.

Tommy Tolson
Austin, TX