permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:11:35 -0400

Tommy Tolson wrote:
The easy compartmentalization of life outrages me. Are Iraqis more understandable than the people of his home district? How many cancer victims do we bury before we get fighting mad at polluters? Cancer is 95% environmentally caused and US citizens do not have the power to be genuinely responsible for cleaning up the environment and it is due to people like Ron Paul who take campaign contributions from the polluters who kill us. There are 100,000 new cancer diagnoses in Texas each year. Who is caring for people here? It isn't Ron Paul. A goodly amount of the multitudes dying at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston are from Dr. Paul's district, which is nearly wall-to-wall petrochemical plants along the coast. Then the prevailing coastal breeze blows the pollution inland, all over everyone, and they die like flies. Dr. Paul's district, seen from a Permaculture design perspective, is a death camp. The Nazis would be awestruck.

Good grief. Google Grand Isle, Louisiana and the petrochemical toxic waste
dumping ground nearby called Campbell Wells.
PBS made a documentary about it and the pro bono legal work done by a volunteer lawyer who sought to help the people in that town.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm