permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Arcosanti

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Arcosanti
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:01:43 -0500

KNat wrote:

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

:
Has anyone visited Arcosanti? Is it a good example of permaculture at work?
:

Like the rest of this evolving universe, it is in flux, seeking its next form.
It is a great example of the solid continuity of dreaming, seeking, and building at the edge of what we can define.
I would say that is heart to much of permaculture. It is a good example of permaculture as founded on vision, as opposed to permaculture as founded on sustainable agriculture. In fact a good example of the two methods of seeking permaculture coming together. Great place to explore 4D cities. Finally materializing in 3D.

Lots of concrete, bare dirt and beautiful, sparse Cedars of Lebanon.
Not enough greenhouse space, green farmspace and permanent notill gardens.

Kathyann
ps I copy my son- self-taught/self-developed throughout his life and currently doing his evolving with Arcosanti

Great.
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm