permaculture - [permaculture] Municipal Compost

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Daimen Hardie" <daimen_hardie@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Municipal Compost
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:59:41 +0000

A municipality in my area offers compost for sale, composed of organic matter collected from its residents. Has anyone any expereince with such municipal composting operations? I would like to mix this compost (as I don't yet have enough of my own) with my local soil for fruit and nut tree plantings, some of which will involve inoculants. I am most concerned with any possibility that the compost might harm the trees and/or inoculants.

Thanks,

Daimen

Your opinion matters. Please tell us what you think and be entered into a draw for a grand prize of $500 or one of 20 $50 cash prizes. http://www.youthographyinsiders.com/R.aspx?a=116