permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PC in schools - experiences

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "marijana@kneja" <marijana@kneja.hr>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PC in schools - experiences
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:10:51 +0100

hello,
i have done some 'initiation' to permaculture with about 80 kids in rural places in 4 basic schools in Medjimurje county, Croatia.
we made a web page about reduce, reuse, recycle, rethink where the kods post also their expirience with the workshops that we have held. we made a small lake, two worm composting, homemade soap of olive oil and building with straw and clay.
we made also a multimedial CD about RRRR and LETS and Permaculture for kids (age 12-15) the CD and web page are in croatian
but you can see the pictures from the workshops.

http://www.kneja.hr/Pika/galzeb/index.htm
http://www.kneja.hr/Pika/galvr/index.htm
http://www.kneja.hr/Pika/galsm/index.htm
http://www.kneja.hr/Pika/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1114284114&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&;

it's not quite permacultural, but it is the begining of introducing permaculture in schools. the teachers have positive reactions, and the kids were happy to get into dirt and out of the classrooms. we plan to continue the activities with establishing school gardens and willow structures...

greetings, Marijana, Croatia