permaculture - Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:25:52 -0500

akiva w wrote:

Can you get rock dusts anywhere there? Quarry dust,
i.e. siltation pond fines?

You could use and sell that for good profit and
provide a vary valuable soil amendment

plenty of rock dust already in the soil here. i'm not
big on transporting resources and usually find most of
what i need in the neighborhood.

As long as its not just mostly quartz sand you're ok.

I am tooling up to manufacture worldclass lifetime
hand tools fo raised bed gardening. I can give you
exclusive Middle East importation rights if you're
interested.

cool, i'm big on quality hand tools. even better than
importing them, sell me the specs and they can be
manufactured here. there's a lot of tax on important
items and the higher profit margins are in the
intellectual proberty imho.

That would be interesting. Maybe there will be a possibility
for this to happen. We will see. There is one tool currently manufactured in
Europe
that is nowhere else available: the seeding rake; see Sneeboer's version -
has a long
thin T handle, makes it especially useful for grading large raised beds. It comes in 4, 6 and 9 tine models and you really need all three for general garden work. No other tool comes close to being as useful as rhese. You could start
by having these mass-produced in Isreal for export to the American market. Current price for the 6 tine model: around $100-120. It should really sell here for no more than $50-$60.

LL