permaculture - Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: akiva w <kevinakiva@yahoo.com>, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 06:47:16 -0500

akiva w wrote:

so far, guests are mainly from europe, israel,
america, and i just had one from quatar.

i use all the municipal water i need for about
$20/month and have very effective rainwater catchment
as well. currently in the process of creating
extensive greywater systems and water gardens. plus,
i've been brewing up a lot of what i call "jungle
juice", weed tea abundant stinging nettle and bottling
in reused plastic bottles i rescue from trashcans.
selling it by the liter for about $10, it's close to
pure profit. do the numbers for a 30 gallon batch.

Right on. Just buying it will cause them to think alternatively about
gardening and nourishing
plants and the soil. Can you get rock dusts anywhere there? Quarry dust, i.e.
siltation pond fines?
You could use and sell that for good profit and provide a vary valuable soil
amendment; great for +PR.

If you do a blog or website let us know. Google
offers excellent free blog software - they
bought out Blogger.

i don't normally read or write blogs myself.
except for a few important listserves, my writings are
being developed into an ebook with digital photos for
download (can you say "paypal?") and will make the
availability date known on the list when it's
available (but don't hold your breath, it will
probably be at least 6mos-year from now.

Paypal is a great way to go and a valuable resource for anyone wanting to
market anything
through the web.

where are you in carolina? do you make it to earthaven

Chapel Hill in the Central Piedmont at the edge of the triassic basin that
leads to the coastal plain.
Kind of a pre-pre-mountainous region, i.e. somewhat hilly with great views. I
am on 6 acres 1/2 mile from
and high above a major river.

Have never been to Earthhaven but would enjoy a visit. Currently am saving up for a major book and subscription purchase from their bookstore, mostly of a PC nature.

much? those folks really got it going as far as i
know, and the asheville area seemed more eco-literate
than practically any other area in america i've been.

Their website shouws some very interesting projects. They are in an excellent part of the NC mountains with a moderate climate without extremes like some places in Oregon - big azalea and rhododendron industry there. Black Mountain NC has Black Mountain College with a museum containing a permanent display on Buckminster Fuller, a man with true inspiration who shared freely with everyone.

cheerio-
akiva

Have a productive New Year too and keep making the fermented plant extracts. Se if you can get hold of some local rock dust for your gardens an tea brews. I'll post some photos and vids of my farm before too long.
I am tooling up to manufacture worldclass lifetime hand tools fo raised bed
gardening. I can give you exclusive
Middle East importation rights if you're interested. :-) Will post pics of
some prototypes when ready.
Likely as soon as some Chinese job shop sees them I will find my tools
imported into the US for sale at the Borg
cheap as dirt :-)

LL