permaculture - Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: akiva w <kevinakiva@yahoo.com>, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 06:01:57 -0500

akiva w wrote:

now that i feel at home and have many hosting
responsibilities at the very happening and
remunerative permaculture guesthouse, i seldom leave
jerusalem (even for tel aviv and certainly not where
someone might want to throw a rock at me.) i am
restoring food production in my back yard and the
backyard of the building next to me. fortunately,

Hello gain Akiva:

I'd love to visit you in Jerusalem and see what life is like there and see
your permaculture gardening projects. Glad you have good water there. I
assume it
is an abundant supply allowing you to water whenever needed. Are your visiting
eco-aware guests from other countries or mostly from Isreal?

Are you integrating food gardens with permaculture systems. Do you have any
water features
of note such as impoundments or aquaculture?

jerusalem is the crossroads for an amazing diversity
of people, including muslims, sikhs, christians,
buddhists, etc.
if they care for the earth and all inhabitants
thereof, they are my people.

as my father of blessed memory used to say, "i'm a
lover not a fighter."

I do business with a slightly elderly gentleman up North. I delighted in
turning his calling card over and reading:

Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching

A man of the old school, now fast becoming the new school of thought.

in addition, i have little interest in putting myself
in any sort of of situation other than skimming the
positive cream off the top eco-large living under the
most comfortable of situations.
my confrontational-activist days are probably over,
except in the writing/publishing/teaching realm.

If you do a blog or website let us know. Google offers excellent free blog
software - they
bought out Blogger.

one thing i do do (and i regularly doodoo) is attend
the wonderful peace gathering each summer that is the
best social 4-day event i've ever experienced.
check out sulha.com and spread the word.

I surfed the site and got a lot out of watching and listening to this:
http://www.sulha.com/zalmanvid.html
Good for these times no matter where you live.

people of all ethnicities are welcome at my guesthouse
to learn advanced gardening methods and permaculture
insights as best i can share them, as well as eating
delicious meals, experiencing pleasurable massage, and
socializing with other healthy attractive people.

Can you get dates from Iraq? Jaffa oranges are delicious. Do any of your
friends
involve themselves with raw foods diets? Raw foods meals make for wonderful
social
gatherings. 5 or 6 times a day is OK too, especially for older folks.

come visit any time!

happy kwanzhanamas!
-akiva

And Merry Christmas to you!