permaculture - Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: akiva w <kevinakiva@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, lfl@intrex.net
  • Cc: julian@strausmilk.com
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:57:13 -0800 (PST)

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net> wrote
Re: Permaculture Guesthouse Jerusalem, free internet,
amazing organic garden, more!

> Hello Akiva:
> Are you participating in any Israeli-Palestinian
permaculture projects or any in Palestine proper,
restoring food production and terrain in places where
it may have been disrupted?

hi larry, good to hear from you-

now that i feel at home and have many hosting
responsibilities at the very happening and
remunerative permaculture guesthouse, i seldom leave
jerusalem (even for tel aviv and certainly not where
someone might want to throw a rock at me.) i am
restoring food production in my back yard and the
backyard of the building next to me. fortunately,
jerusalem is the crossroads for an amazing diversity
of people, including muslims, sikhs, christians,
buddhists, etc.
if they care for the earth and all inhabitants
thereof, they are my people.

as my father of blessed memory used to say, "i'm a
lover not a fighter."
in addition, i have little interest in putting myself
in any sort of of situation other than skimming the
positive cream off the top eco-large living under the
most comfortable of situations.
my confrontational-activist days are probably over,
except in the writing/publishing/teaching realm.

one thing i do do (and i regularly doodoo) is attend
the wonderful peace gathering each summer that is the
best social 4-day event i've ever experienced.
check out sulha.com and spread the word.

people of all ethnicities are welcome at my guesthouse
to learn advanced gardening methods and permaculture
insights as best i can share them, as well as eating
delicious meals, experiencing pleasurable massage, and
socializing with other healthy attractive people.

come visit any time!

happy kwanzhanamas!
-akiva

.