permaculture - Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: akiva w <kevinakiva@yahoo.com>
  • To: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] israel eco-peace
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 03:27:11 -0800 (PST)

--- "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net> wrote:
> Glad you have good water there. I assume it
> is an abundant supply allowing you to water whenever
> needed. Are your visiting eco-aware guests from
other countries or mostly from
> Isreal?

so far, guests are mainly from europe, israel,
america, and i just had one from quatar.

i use all the municipal water i need for about
$20/month and have very effective rainwater catchment
as well. currently in the process of creating
extensive greywater systems and water gardens. plus,
i've been brewing up a lot of what i call "jungle
juice", weed tea abundant stinging nettle and bottling
in reused plastic bottles i rescue from trashcans.
selling it by the liter for about $10, it's close to
pure profit. do the numbers for a 30 gallon batch.

> If you do a blog or website let us know. Google
> offers excellent free blog software - they
> bought out Blogger.

i don't normally read or write blogs myself.
except for a few important listserves, my writings are
being developed into an ebook with digital photos for
download (can you say "paypal?") and will make the
availability date known on the list when it's
available (but don't hold your breath, it will
probably be at least 6mos-year from now.

where are you in carolina? do you make it to earthaven
much? those folks really got it going as far as i
know, and the asheville area seemed more eco-literate
than practically any other area in america i've been.

cheerio-
akiva

.