permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Peak Oil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: d pfalzer <d_pfalzer@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Peak Oil
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

I think the basis for the debate on whether it is
Better to do permaculture in urban/suburban or rural
areas needs to be an awareness that most raw materials
Originate in rural areas, but the culture all of us
live in Acts to Concentrate materials in Urban areas.
Do we take advantage of what our destructive culture
will do for us and live in an urban setting? Or do we
live in a rural setting and invest more of the energy
ourselves to bring together the items we need?

I think that it is not at all obvious that either
choice is uniformly "better" for everyone. Both
choices deserve to be valued, IMO.