permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Peak Oil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kaia Bronte" <kaiabronte@gmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Peak Oil
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:38:24 -0700

I notice that a lot of people try to predict the future in relation to peak
oil scenarios, armageddon, the rapture, aliens invading, and the sun
exploding. Your guess is as good as Art Bell's I suppose.

We cannot predict the future with any consistent accuracy. Making a plan
based on an unknowable future is not regenerative--it's folly. That's why in
permaculture we design based on observable principles and patterns, not
chickie-lickie, sky-be-fallin' stories.

Let's stick to the ethics and principles of permaculture and the chaos of
future will take care of itself. "Take no thought for tomorrow."

.Berkano
.Aprovecho Permaculture

.eM: KaiaBronte@gmail.com
.pH: (541) 942-8198