permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Peak Oil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: William Genest <genest@pivot.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Peak Oil
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:33:48 -0400

I think Holmgren amply justifies predicting that we are facing certain energy descent - It is not folly to recognize that non- renewable means "can't be renewed" and unsustainble means "can't be sustained". The height of pie-in-the-sky thinking IMO is the assumption that technology will save us.

William