permaculture - Re: [permaculture] alternatives to maple syrup

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "L.Santoyo Designs" <santoyo@earthflow.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] alternatives to maple syrup
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:09:29 -0700

A quick yahoo search for organic maple syrup yields several mail order sites offering good prices- such as $5 for a 16 oz bottle. Surely supporting a sustainable, wholesome tree crop is worth this amount?

Kathryn Santoyo

I have a shop full of canes, fruit trees, strawberry plants, etc. Just getting the
ground ready for planting.

I'm trying to wean my kids off of the chemicals without breaking the bank.
I have found a source for organic sugars. I'm thinking I could warm up some water and
sugar and add a little _________ to make something that the kids would like to put on
pancakes.
I bought a couple of small bottles of real maple syrup at $7 per bottle. Each bottle
would last one meal. Just looking for an alternative.