permaculture - [permaculture] alternatives to maple syrup

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] alternatives to maple syrup
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:26:18 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to eat only organic these days and real maple syrup costs a small
fortune.

I remember making syrup out of something called "mapeline" (sp?) - but what
is that
stuff? I tried to google, but I keep getting recipes for how to make syrup.

I wonder about alternatives to maple syrup that I might be able to make the
same way:
sugar, water and .... flavoring. Vanilla?

Any ideas?