permaculture - [permaculture] Re: trees & ponds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rich Blaha" <rich@mossbackfarm.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: trees & ponds
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:40:37 -0800

Some thoughts on Paul's plan and the responses....

-If you want the pond to outlive you, definitely keep the trees off of it.
I'm in the process of restoring a ~30 yearold pond that leaks like a sieve.
Build yours right & you won't have future generations cursing your name.

-I'm only passingly familiar with your area, but I bet your summers are
pretty hot....unless you have a very deep pond, and/or good flow-through in
the dry months, water temperature, not pond productivity, is going to be your
limiting factor for trout. Shade, whether from docks, trees, or floating
gardens, will probably be important

- [woodsjay said] Also run the incoming water (if there is an appropriate

-