permaculture - Re: [permaculture] self-sufficiency

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jocelyn Paquette & Bob Ewing <sixdegrees@baynet.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] self-sufficiency
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:47:52 -0400

so we move out of the cities into the rural area and then what happens to the rural areas would they not surpass their carrying capacity? Here in Thunder Bay the population is declining, one reason is that as a natural resource extraction economy we are running out of things to chop down or dig up. this is an ideal opportunity for designers to show what can be done.

Bob Ewing

Tradingpost wrote:

One way out of that dilemma would be to go where it's cheaper to live and
make your own work. There are ways, because other people are doing it. People
in rural areas needs goods and services just like city folk. AND if they can
get them locally, they're usually happy to give their business to other
locals. Permaculture can help with that. I lived in rural North TX for 50
years. I won't go back.

paul@largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net