permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Urban/Rural discussion.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Urban/Rural discussion.
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:09:52 -0600

You're involved in these urban questions and in a position to influence
change to some extent. Probably you've heard the negatives about green or
sustainable urban planning, the "new cities" thing. Critics have pointed out
that new neighborhoods built with the best intentions still have to end up
having to compromise by accommodating the automobile, because so many still
drive to work and shop. I'd welcome thoughts on this.

paul@largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net