permaculture - Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCD courseprices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Loren Davidson" <listmail@lorendavidson.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCD courseprices
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:00:38 -0700

From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster@globalcircle.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:55:23 -0600

>I too am curious how they can charge so much when all the information is
>free on the web already.

I took the PDC about seven years ago, after reading the Designer Manual
cover-to-cover several times. Taking the course helped me to "get it," i.e.
to internalize many of the principles as a way of living. To me, it was worth
every penny.

No matter what people charge, someone will complain it costs too much if it's
as much as a penny more than "free."

No matter what people charge, some will think it's not enough.

I think that rather than wasting time arguing about what the course costs,
people might make better use of their time by digging said "free" information
off the Web (which requires that someone has paid for the server hosting the
info and for the computer used to retrieve it, the electricity to run the
machines, and the infrastructure connecting them) and going outside and
*using* it.

If you can create a working Permaculture design in your life, in your
residence(s), in your communities, it becomes irrelevant exactly where you
got your knowledge or how much you paid for it, IMNSHO.

Some people need the structure and "immersion" of a PDC; others don't.

Is the purpose here to win an argument, or to create a sustainable world?

Turn off your computer, go out and do one thing today to further embody
sustainability and Permaculture principles in your life. It's a far better
action than picking away at the people who *are* doing the work.

Or, in the words of St. Nike, "Just do it." :)

Respectfully,

Loren

Signup at www.doteasy.com