permaculture - Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: <listmail@lorendavidson.com>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:21:14 +0100

> I think that rather than wasting time arguing about what the course costs,
people might make better use of their time by digging said "free"
information off the Web

I don't think that debating these sort of ethical issues is wasting time. I
still have alot of stuff running around in my head, the internal anarcho-cop
who tells me that i'm wrong to be making money from my writing and teaching,
and the eco-capitalist who tells me that in order to be sustainable in the
long term I need to recognise my own worth and be able to feel comfortable
about accepting payment for what I do. It's also good to see bart's original
question and the perspectives of Toby, Roxann and others have brought to
this. surely the whole value of a discussion list like this is to air and
debate these sorts of issues and reach our own resolutions that make sense
to each of us?

After all the third ethic of permaculture is fairshares (IOW economics), how
we function sustainably and ehically in a money driven society is just as
important as how we rehabilitate soil or work out a contour line or design a
forest garden IMHO

Cheers Graham

---