permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculturing the mainstream

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "Permaculture List" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculturing the mainstream
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:21:23 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> TAFE (Technical And Further Education) is not a permaculture
> organisation and is thus not bound by the philosophy.

So are they actually claiming to teach 'Permaculture' as a whole (which
IMO includes the ethical practices)? Or just the parts without the
ethics?

> As a training
> provider it is primarily a government-funded competitive organisation
> with deep reach into the public and is the prime tertiary training
> provider in this state. When we take our course structures to TAFE, we
> enter this world whether we like it or not.

Depends on what the conditions are for providing the course structures, I
would think. Any leverage there?

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing