permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mainstreaming permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ERDA Institute <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mainstreaming permaculture
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:52:19 +1000

Re- comments made by Russ re APT
Community development is a strong component in the new Accredited
Permaculture Training (APT). The CLM (Conservation & Land Management)
training package has set an excellent precedent for this with it's units on
community development and we've borrowed a couple of excellent units from
their package as well as writing pc-specific ones.

Due to time constraints I don't have time to go into details yet on the list
serve but the up-coming issue of The Planet (Permaculture International's
newsletter) will have more information including a list of the competency
units at each level - this will give everyone some idea of the scope of this
training - it's very exciting and will set new benchmarks in environmental
and community development education.

I would seriously urge people who are interested in upgradinng their pc
qualifications (through RPL - recognition of prior learning) and those
interested in teaching the new training programmes to join PIL. There will
be benefits for PIL members and members will be updated regularly by email.

Robyn Francis

To find out how to join PIL go to the web site
www.permacultureinternational.org