permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Walled Communities

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@farwalker.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Walled Communities
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 09:56:29 -0700

At 04:01 PM 7/6/03 +0000, jamie wrote:

What I am trying to establish is a counter to the liberal political arena where consideration is given only to those views which already carry the accepted values.

With all due respect...in this country (USA), what I've seen is that it's not just the liberals who take on this sort of "agree with me or don't talk" viewpoint. Not only do the conservatives do likewise, but they tend to be on the whole less "nice" about it - columnists talking about the mail they receive from readers have noted that people responding from a liberal point of view are more likely to use semi-polite arguments, while people arguing from conservative viewpoints are more likely to use four-letter words and anonymous threats.

Build soil,

Loren

Loren Davidson Earth steward, healer, singer/songwriter
loren@farwalker.com http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
AIM: loren334 ICQ: 65291610
Loren's album & music info: http://www.lorendavidson.com
"In gentleness there is great strength." - Sun Bear