permaculture - Re: [permaculture] New tool !!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] New tool !!
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:51:50 -0700

> From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>

> A hockey stick in hand is for me, the most enjoyable, natural thing - also,
> the height of the stick avoids bending down, while the hook makes it
> versatile
> and the length of the blade ( japanese rice knife blade) is just the right
> size to weed whack in my food forest around my fruit trees.

Sounds like a lightweight Irish brush hook. A very useful tool for
disassembling bramble thickets.
thrust> pullcut; rotate up and back, slash diagonal upward left; turn the
blade, upward and back right cut, turn the blade, full cross-swing left,
straight up-cut on the left side, turn the blade and pull in and slash
downward right.

Think I'll go dream of how Jackie Chan would do it.

-Rick