permaculture - [permaculture] Stained urbanite?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "ingrid" <ingrid@earthlysites.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Stained urbanite?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:43:07 -0700

I'm hoping to use concrete chunks removed from a patio as wall rock (retaining a garden bed).  Seems like good re-use.  I'm wondering if i can stain the chunks, aka urbanite, with preferably an eco-friendly stain, possibly something like chelated iron.  I'd love to hear if anyone has experience with this?

Thanks!!
Ingrid

earthly sites
holistic garden care & design
510.834.4178

415.407.9860 (cell)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be.  Now put the foundations under them.          - Thoreau