permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Indigenous land use (was: imitating fire)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Treesa Jane Rogerson" <treemail@cruzio.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Indigenous land use (was: imitating fire)
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:32:30 -0700

The article 1491 in the Atlantic Monthly, attached and about 20 pages, also
illustrates the 'tended garden' that was the Amazon Rain Forest, a human
artifact of a cultured ecosystem on top of sand. If the garden is dug out,
the forest area now stands only as glass.

A reachingly poetic way to say you may really enjoy reading the article and
broadening perspectives on the earth in human history, and getting back to
our gardening roots. Good news that by nature, perennially, we harvest and
sow.
(Keep good seeds. Saviour seeds.)

Treesa Rogerson, M.A.

Lands Alive : Ecology By Design