permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Pond Clean Up/PC Scale

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@farwalker.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Pond Clean Up/PC Scale
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:46:41 -0700

At 07:22 AM 9/16/02 -0400, FranksFarm@aol.com wrote:

John, I'm having a problem getting enough pasture for my cattle as it is. I'm
thinking of clearing (over time) more land for pasture so that I have enough
good forage for my cattle.

Maybe a better solution would be to have fewer cattle, so that you don't have the pressure to convert space that could be performing other useful functions into additional pasture?

Just a thought, which may have missed some earlier-expressed reasoning supporting a heavy cattle load...

Loren

Loren Davidson Earth steward, healer, singer/songwriter
loren@farwalker.com http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
AIM: loren334 ICQ: 65291610
Loren's album & music info: http://www.earthspring.org/lorendavidson/
***Ask me about Sunset Celebrations in Berkeley - next one 9/24***
"There is no key to the Universe. It was never locked." - www.nancybuttons.com