permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Open letter to Mark and Kirby

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Open letter to Mark and Kirby
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:42:22 -0500

Amen Charles! Let's move on!
At 02:44 AM 8/30/02 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Mark,
Hi Kirby,

For my part I've enjoyed thinking about the questions you have raised and
I don't mind that you both have strong opinions but it is getting a little
repetitive now. May I suggest that it is time to stop extrapolating on
your philosophical stances and instead switch over to giving us reports of
how your different approaches are actually working on the land that you
manage.

Will Kirby be engulfed by an ever expanding sea of kudzu? Will Mark
needlessly labor trying to remove the elements that are trying to bring his
farm into balance? Interesting questions, let's check back in twenty years
(or other appropriate time frame for succession) and see who's right. Let
nature be the judge.

In the meantime, it's been a good year for peaches and grapes. Stop
giving yourself a monitor tan and go out and enjoy them.

Love

Charlie Knoles