permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Cleaning up land....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Cleaning up land....
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:40:24 -0700

> Claude Genest wrote:
>
>> What role might cover cropping serve in cleaning out chemical laden
>> land ?
Fukuoka sensei said: (quoting the direct translation) "Don't think 'what if
I do this? What if I do *this*?' Think what if I *don't* do this? What if I
*don't* do *this*?'"
More and more people (like Paul Stamets) are finding that fungi are big on
cleaning up toxics. Will cover cropping increase fungal activity? What might
do better at increasing fungal populations w/o the petrol inputs of a
standard cover cropping scheme.
Can you turn the land into a forest? A productive forest? Do I hear Bill
Mollison?
-Rick