permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Cleaning up land....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Elijah Smith" <elijah@hilobay.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Cleaning up land....
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:37:48 -1000

In the literature I've read about glyphosates, it's mentioned that while
there's a drop in the populations of many fungi in treated soils, a few
fungi have increased populations - indicating (to me at least) that those
funguses are cleaning it up.

Steve, I think you mentioned biodynamic preps as a strategy for cleanup, and
since soil life seems to be the main way Roundup gets decomposed, I was
thinking of making aerated compost teas with some of the soil from the land
to try to spread that fungus that cleans glyphosates.