permaculture - [permaculture] alt.permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "keller" <ak.and.ak@on-line.de>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] alt.permaculture
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:34:05 +0100

Hi,

I noticed that the alt.permaculture newsgroup suffers from a scarcity of
interesting posts and discussions, compared to this mailing list.

The reason seems to be that whenever people with interesting contributions
turn up on alt.permaculture, they are invited into this mailing list, where
the interesting discussions are going on. As a result, alt.permaculture is
depleted.

On the other hand, I guess that a newsgroup like alt.permaculture is more
widespread and would be more easily available to many people than this
mailing list. It seems to me that the discussions going on here are of
general interest.

The mailman software offers the possibility to connect a newsgroup to the
mailing list. It is possible to configure the mailing list in a way that
messages from it will automatically be posted into the newsgroup. It is
possible to have it only in that direction. That would mean that suddenly
all the good discussions of here would also be in the ng, while the flame
wars and not so important chats of the ng would stay there. This could
inject some new life into the newsgroup, raising the average interestingnes
of discussions there drastically. It would make the discussions of this list
more easily available to people (they would turn up in the google archive).

Lawrence could do that within minutes. What do you all think?
Andreas