pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][7][8.10.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][7][8.10.04]
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:50:24 -0700

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

-DOMAIN OWNERSHIP – After reading Scott Pittman’s letter, I think the Permaculture Institute ought to have ownership, until we choose to transfer it to ourselves if we gain non-profit status or to another non-
profit. What do others think? Do people think we should go for non-
profit status? (Please respond with a yes or no.) And if so, when?

Again, NO. Probably not ever.

(Please respond with now or later.) And if we do decide to go for non-
profit, I will probably include this in my post to the PC lists (which I will write tomorrow night) and ask if anyone has experience with the process and would be willing to help us out.

I see no need to involve the entire pc list with issues surrounding our ever
becoming a non profit.
I see this as a private discussion which should only occur here and in
private email.
We don't need help with this anyway as we colectively have all the skills we
need.
I oppose forming a NP anyway so its a non issue for me.

I'd suggest beig mindful of what you post about HG to the PC list; rather than ask for help (other than submitting data and photos to the database) just let them know what we are doing and our long term hopes for this project.