nafex - Re: [nafex] tasty perennial Physalis

  • From: Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] tasty perennial Physalis
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:03:46 -0700

Devin,
I have grown annual ground cherries in the past, and I like them. I'm also
interested in perennial plants that produce edibles. About 10 years ago I
tried to obtain some perennial species of Physalis. I started the process
by browsing my favorite online resource for edible plants, Plants for a
Future, http://www.pfaf.org/user/plantsearch.aspx, and I came up with a
list of perennial species of Physalis that I could potentially use in my
edible landscape. After searching through online seed catalogs and
nurseries, the only species I found available were annual. I also noticed
that the perennial species were on a few noxious weed lists. I gave up on
my search. It seemed like the cards were stacked against me finding the
species on my want list of perennial Physalis. I am glad to hear that you
have found success.
Where are you located?
-Mark Lee, Seattle