nafex - Re: [nafex] tasty perennial Physalis

  • From: Robert Bruns <r.fred.bruns@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] tasty perennial Physalis
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:28:29 -0400

The Chinese Lantern variety is sour and just plain nasty-tasting (I
just tried it to confirm that it's not edible, and believe me, it
isn't). Some of the named ground cherries are actually quite good,
although different people may have different opinions. The ground
cherries don't really become sweet until they've fallen from the plant
and then sat on the ground until the husk becomes transparent.

Fred