nafex - Re: [nafex] tasty perennial Physalis

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] tasty perennial Physalis
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 22:25:32 -0400 (EDT)

My Mother grew them during my childhood and she made Ground Cherry Pie. My
sister and my wife make ground cherry pie which is one of my favorites. I'm
in zone 5B and they come up volunteer every year, more like a weed. So I
just transplant them in a short row. They come up in my compost pile.
Insects for me aren't a big problem. Planting them with a plastic ground
cover
makes collecting them easier. They are quite a popular garden plant in my
home town of Berne, IN.

Ground cherry pie....yum yum!

Jerry

In a message dated 8/19/2014 9:07:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,