nafex - Re: [nafex] how to keep squirrels of trees

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] how to keep squirrels of trees
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 16:39:47 -0700

I came along and put up a epicurean eatery. This drew the denizens of
destruction to the area. A few might have been there before. They would
have scrounged the meager pickings and moved on. Instead they are now
swarming into my 3 star bistro of bounty and feasting freely on the fancy
fare. The mangy mafia are less obliging than the human tithers who bore
that name. These furry felons take all. My planning, investment and
industry come to naught as all are despoiled by the rampaging rodents.

My choices are 3..To continue to serve an increasing population of gobbling
gangsters.....To uproot and annihilate my planting, dooming myself to the
stale and limited varieties of the local produce purveyor, aka mega market
chain of charmless chow.... to seek remedy by protecting what is mine by
intent and effort. To reestablish my claim to the top of the food chain.
This produce is MINE. Interlopers proceed at your peril. Or in the jargon
of my locale SSS

Actually for various reasons I do not have squirrels. But I do have
coddling moths and around here they operate on a no share basis also. I
learned the hard way that half measures would not work. I have just
transferred my attitude, with some humor I hope, to the squirrel discussion.
Naomi