nafex - Re: [nafex] pull or topwork ?

  • From: david.maxwell@dal.ca
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] pull or topwork ?
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 19:24:35 -0400

I vote unequivocally for top-working. I have not experienced difficulties
with graft unions
myself - quite the contrary. I grafted Bramley's seedling onto a wild apple
growing on the
bank of a tidal river, (roots in the salt water, flourishing. But that is
another story); wihin 2
years the graft unions were virtually invisible and the tree bearing a large
crop. Replanting
will risk replant disease, (unless you want to destroy all life in the soil
with methyl bromide).
And you will get fruit years ahead of replanted trees.